If you are a mom ready to live out your personal meaning in motherhood, experience deep fulfillment and lightness in parenting and change your way of being with your child while having fun and forming friendships…
Then join me in the magically colorful Autumn of Traverse City, MI to discover purposeful, fulfilling parenthood.
October 19 – 23, 2023
As you gaze across the lake, you look back over the past few wonderful days...the connection and learning, the wineries and massages, the leisurely uninterrupted meals, the luxury of being a grownup and doing grownup things...
A deep breath grounds you and with your exhale, heaviness falls away like Autumn leaves.
Gazing at the gorgeous colors, you feel confidence and pride in investing in a break for yourself, without needing anyone’s approval. For once, you are doing something not for your kids, not for your family, but for YOU and because of that, you are ready to claim and live out your higher purpose in motherhood like never before.
Now you step into the evening closing circle with your new friends beside you. Meaning and clarity emerge, and you know exactly what to do for yourself and your family, with your powerful WHY leading the way!
Welcome to the magic of the lakehouse!
"Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn."
And what is possible for you here?
How luxurious and freeing would it be to...
- Awaken in the morning, not to a kid's foot poking you in the ribs or someone whining about screens, but to the sensation of being truly rested and ready for a fantastic day?
- Spend 5 glorious days and nights full of grownup talk, grownup food, grownup activities, and grownup sleep?
- Release motherhood's heaviness and let go of responsibility?
- Set down your burdens and learn to maintain that lightness even in the midst of the wildness of motherhood.
This is and more await, as you surrender to pampering care, with total trust that your hosts are overseeing everything with wisdom and foresight.
In just a few days you'll find yourself...
- Crystal clear on the higher meaning to your life as a mother.
- Connecting with your intuition on a deep level, so you can parent from your heart center, knowing you’re on the right track.
- Changing the story your inner critic keeps telling you, so that limitations and defeat are no longer your way of being.
Get ready to unleash a whole new experience of motherhood as you experience guided coaching circles, somatic work and introspection designed to take you deeper and more free than you've ever been before.
How fun and connected would it feel to...
- Have a new adventure instead of only distant memories of vacations past?
- Create connections with amazing moms just like you?
- Collect beautiful memories and fabulous new friendships?
Say YES to shared experiences and growth that will sustain and support you for months to come!
"This retreat far exceeded my expectations. Ann provided a warm and welcoming atmosphere in which we were able to re-center ourselves. It was invaluable to meet other women and make new friendships in a supportive and caring environment. The excursions, time to rest, and food made it feel like vacation. And the work made it feel powerful. I came away rested, recharged, and with a renewed sense of purpose as a mother."
"The retreat was more than I anticipated, I came home feeling like I got great parenting advice and tools to help my family communicate boundaries. I felt like we had great sessions, down time to process what we learned and free time to relax. I went home feeling like I left some old baggage behind and excited about the refreshed version of myself! We were pampered with a massage and excellent food prepared by Chef Andrew!"
A typical retreat day...
Greet the day with a gentle wakeup session (sunrise lakeside meditation, perhaps?), followed by a delicious breakfast with nary a Cheerio in sight ;) Then make your way into the community space for morning parenting circle, full of openness, laughter and tears, and so many breakthroughs. Now, let's take a break with a phenomenal luncheon prepared by our own private Chef Andrew, specifically for your enjoyment. Light cocktail with lunch? Why not?! After lunch and some chill time, we're off on a fun excursion designed to both take our morning concepts deeper while delighting and entertaining you beyond any fun you've had in recent memory! The afternoon brings free time you can use for a massage (yes please!), journaling, 1:1 work (yes, that's right - I have set aside time just for us to work together privately if you choose!), or just chilling the heck out! Then let's come back together for a tuned-in and grateful feast of a dinner, followed by a peaceful evening circle to close our day.
Whether you're letting go of inner blocks in our water release ritual, calling in new intentions with the fire ceremony, learning new skills in a coaching circle, reveling in the Fall colors on a brisk hike, or just laughing 'til you cry with new friends, this retreat is going to blow your mind and expand your heart beyond anything you've ever experienced. I can't wait to greet you with open arms on my doorstep this October!
Welcome to Traverse City!
For many, TC is a hidden treasure that surprises and delights. On the coast of Lake Michigan, TC has everything for everyone, all housed in a picturesque small town. Shopping, dining, wineries, breweries, distilleries, hiking, spectacular views, breathtaking sunsets, and the friendliest people you'll ever meet. And you'll be just a few miles away from the hustle and bustle of downtown in your very own lakeside oasis!
Our Home: Luxury in Nature
Did someone say PAMPERING? because that’s what you will be experiencing while we are together in Michigan!
You will be joining me in my very own waterfront home on Long Lake in the forests outside Traverse City - I am truly your hostess in every way. The view from our porch, and practically every window in our home will have you pinching yourself. The Autumn colors around the lake take your breath away. (Fun fact - the pictures here were all taken by me and my family just with our phones! That is how spectacular the natural beauty surrounding us truly is! #nofilter).
Don't worry - you will have ample time to simply rest and rejuvenate in this incredible space interspersed throughout our time exploring ourselves and the area with hikes, wineries and spa treatments as well as delicious meals, and simply socializing with your new (or already familiar) retreat-mates. To cap off our days, enjoy a cocktail, mocktail or delicious glass of wine and soak it all in fireside! Did I mention you won't lift a finger to cook or clean for 5 days straight?!
This gorgeous lakeside home boasts 5 tranquil bedrooms for you to choose from, some available for double occupancy. Keep your room all to yourself, bring a friend or ask for help connecting with a roommate if you like!
The Birch Room is the master bedroom of the home, and has its own bathroom and king bed. This room is available for double occupancy.
The Oak Room features the second King sized bed of the house and is available for double occupancy.
White Pine Room
The White Pine Room has a Queen baffled water bed (really!) and opens out onto the patio overlooking the lake. This is a single occupancy room.
The Maple Room has a Queen sized bed and lots of light. This is a single occupancy room.
The Cedar Room is on our lower level with 2 twin beds and spacious closet. Available for double occupancy.
What people have to say about
"The accommodations were perfect. I was completely relaxed and at ease. I wouldn't change a thing."
"I liked the spaciousness of the home and the ability for everyone to have solo time or group time without impacting each other. The rooms and beds are comfortable and there were no bathroom scheduling issues. It was lovely."
Food on a getaway is kind of a big deal, and your lucky taste buds and belly will be over the moon for the edible experience during our time together!
Delicious Autumn food and drink awaits you, no matter what special dietary circumstances you may have. Gluten and dairy free, vegan, vegetarian...all requests will be accommodated and zero flavor will be sacrificed. Whether we're talking about savory pumpkin soup made from local farms, mouth-watering fall salads, or delectable sweet desserts, you can expect a taste explosion around every corner...and don't forget the luscious libations! Did you know that Michigan houses over 140 wineries? Get ready to luxuriate in healthy, delicious food and drink without lifting a finger! Hell yes!!!
Meet your chef
Andrew Tarrow is a phenomenal cook and host - and it shows. This rockstar human has rubbed elbows with bigwigs in the food entertainment industry for years (yes, even from TopChef!). In 2020 he won Netflix's "Best Leftovers Ever" competition (season 1, ep 4) and has gone on to delight taste buds and audiences in a million ways since then. Andrew is our personal chef, menu curator, and tablescape obsessor for our 5 days in Michigan and we are so lucky to have him! Follow him online to see more of his delicious creations (instagram handle @biggayandrew).
"It was so lovely - the food, having it prepared, the amazing, fun, and kind chef. It has to be hard to address the needs/wants of so many and I thought you guys nailed it!"
"I enjoyed all the meals and was truly appreciative that I didn't have to cook! Looking for the recipes!"
Discover Your North Star
Throughout our time together, you will use mindfulness techniques, somatic work, journaling, and introspection to connect with YOUR higher purpose. You will return home...
- With rock solid confidence in your worth and purpose as a mom.
- Feeling secure that everything you’ve given over to your family was SO worth it.
- Letting go of the search for the ‘silver bullet’ of parenting strategies.
- Tapping into your own inner knowing,
- Free from the worry that you’re ‘doing it all wrong’.
Finally the aligned parent inside of you will take the lead!
What would it be like to follow your own inner direction in parenting?
- Release the urgency of having too many balls in the air.
- Learn to hold calmness within you.
- Stay centered in every parenting moment with your child.
Allow the care and tenderness you’ll receive from your host, skilled practitioners and your peers to infuse you with newfound peace and direction.
Who is ready for some FUN?
Did you know that fun and enjoyment are actually not just luxuries, but necessities to mental wellness? During our time together we will be getting a healthy dose of this nourishing, but often neglected, ingredient.
Take yourself off of the back burner and rekindle the part of you that craves laughter, joy, frivolity, and pleasure in all the beauty Traverse City has to offer!
- Unique visits to local farms, wineries and businesses
- Gorgeous hikes in the Fall colors
- Downtown TC excursions for shopping and sightseeing
Who knows? You might just have the most fun and connected belly laugh of your life, just on the drive to our next excursion!
What people have to say about our EXCURSIONS...
"I loved them all! I like how different they all were and that they really let us experience the part of the country we were visiting."
"All of the excursions were wonderful. It was the perfect balance for our emotional journeys."
"Had a great time overall, loved the beautiful hike because of the time of year and scenery"
"I loved all the excursions and embraced them knowing they would be quaint and beautiful and I am glad I did!"
This trip is for you if...
You are ready to release doubt and KNOW that you have succeeded in motherhood.
Walking away from the specter of the ‘bad mom’ is life-changing! Through each sharing moment and heart opening excursion, you will remove another layer of this heavy veil, so you can feel crystal clear on your worth and the GIFT you are (and always have been) to your family.
You want to turn away from the typical mom life of quiet desperation, and finally change the situation in your family.
The training on specific parenting skills you'll receive on this retreat, along with help integrating your learning, will give you tangible tools to...
- Shift your energy and change your story
- Respond differently to your child
- Create new results in the behavior of your home and a new dynamic in your family, forever!
You see CLEARLY that all this is worth taking 5 days for creation in a beautiful location with incredible women.
What has it cost you already to not take care of these hurdles in the past? What will it cost you in the future to not conquer these challenges now?
Are you tired of just being OK, and ready to be truly happy in motherhood, and in all areas of your life?
ARE YOU READY TO SAY YES TO THE PARENT YOU KNOW YOU CAN BE? TO WHAT YOU WANT? NEED? DESIRE?
Yes? Then join this exclusive group of moms on a similar journey, and let’s do it together!
Do you need to connect with Ann personally to see if this retreat is right for you? Let’s get on a call right away! This is an exclusive retreat, so space is limited.Contact Ann Today
- All group activities, including but not limited to morning wakeup, parenting circles, excursions, and evening closing gatherings.
- 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners, including food and drink during group excursions, and our Welcome dinner and Farewell breakfast. Even grownup drinks are free to you!
- Pre-trip Preparation Call to have the chance to meet everyone in the group, share your intentions for the retreat, and learn how to best prepare for this epic experience.
- Rustic luxury accommodations in my lake house. Single or double occupancy options available (room descriptions above).
- Transportation to and from airport Thursday 10/19 & Monday 10/23 (designated times only).
- All optional free time activities - massage (yep - that's NOT extra - even the tip for your massage therapist is included!), 30 minute 1:1 coaching session, and guided journaling.
What's not included
- Your round-trip airfare or other transport to and from Traverse City, MI.
- Any transport to and from the airport outside of designated pick-up and drop-off windows.
- Any additional purchases for yourself, including but not limited to souvenir shopping, extra spa services, personal taxis, and tips for private services.
- Personal, medical or trip cancellation insurance.
- Pre-retreat call - A chance to meet everyone in the group, share your intentions for the retreat, and learn how to best prepare for this epic experience.
- Access to a Private Retreat Chat Group – so we can share our excitement before the retreat, make connections with new and old friends, ask questions, receive up to date trip info, stay connected post-trip, and of course use the group as a fun photo dump to share all of our experiences captured!
- Post-Retreat Group call – let’s see how everyone is adjusting to being back home, especially with using their newfound parenting tools!
Meet your hostess ~ Ann Kaplan
After working with parents for over a decade, and raising 4 of my own kids, I have seen it all, and lived the dream (and nightmare!) of parenting through every childhood stage, from infancy through adolescence. I know the cycle of committing to being the parent your child deserves, losing control, feeling awful, and committing to being better next time. I have seen the yelling and power struggles. I know all about the uselessness of threatening, bargaining and lecturing.
But most importantly, I also know that you absolutely can turn your relationship with your child around, and that peaceful, well-behaved and respectful kids aren't just for the lucky few. I've made it happen for myself and have helped hundreds of families do it too.
In addition to being a mom myself, I'm also a Love&Logic (tm) independent facilitator and an IPEC trained life coach, which means I'm not just winging it. I have a unique holistic approach to parent work that includes emotional support AND effective discipline that empowers children, improves behavior, and heals families.
There are plenty of coaches out there - I am the one for you if you want someone who knows about discipline PLUS the emotion and chaos that make that discipline hard, someone who will give it to you straight, and love you fiercely.
"Ann is amazing. I have truly come to trust her and her methods because I see them working in my family life. She truly is an expert in her field, and I am so glad that I found her!"
"I love hearing from other moms who have the same issues as me, and how real Ann gives it to me. I recommend Ann’s coaching to every mom I encounter."